November 27, 2016
Cream of Turkey Soup
Thanksgiving brings friends, family, and lots of leftovers. If you are sick of turkey sandwiches but don't know what to do with that perfect protein, look no further. This Cream of Turkey soup will be a party to your taste buds and will keep your waste line in check this holiday season.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 6 cups low sodium turkey/chicken stock
- 2 tbsp arrowroot flour
- 2 cups leftover cooked turkey, roughly chopped - divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, cook onion with a pinch of salt over medium heat until fragrant, about 3-4 minutes. Add cauliflower and stock. Bring to a boil then lower heat and simmer uncovered until cauliflower is fork tender.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a high speed blender or food processor. Note: Immersion blenders are easiest if you have one.
- Add arrowroot flour and process on high speed then transfer the soup back to the saucepan. Add leftover turkey meat, bring back to a simmer and continue cooking for a 10 minutes.
For more recipes, register for a FREE trial.