September 09, 2016
Pumpkin Spice Everything!
I love pumpkin spice coffee just as much as the next girl, but with all of the hidden calories and artifical flavoring in most popular pumpkin drinks, it makes it hard to enjoy that pumpkiny goodness. Save money and your waist line with this recipe.
- 2 cups plain, unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tbsp pureed canned pumpkin
- 2 Tbsp real maple syrup or quality honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Whisk all ingredients continuously (except vanilla) in a saucepan over medium-high heat until steaming but not boiling. Mix in vanilla and take off the heat.
- Allow to cool slightly and pour into a sealed mason jar for storage (lasts up to two weeks in the fridge but it is so good it probably won’t last that long).
- Shake the mason jar before using because the spices may settle. Add as much or as little as you like to your morning coffee.
Your own pumpkin spice creations:
- Latte: add immediately to coffee after making
- Creamer: add after being chilled in the fridge
- Iced coffee: add as creamer and stir/ shake cooled coffee with ice
- Blended/Frappuccino: same as the ice coffee only place the ingredients in a blender