March 15, 2017
Baked Hot Wing Chicken with Blue Cheese Dip
Chicken wings are one of the most popular foods on a menu at tailgates and sporting event parties. These little bites of heaven pack a heavy punch when it comes to fat and calories. Just one wing contains 88 calories and 6 grams of fat. If you think about the amount of wings most people eat in one sitting, those numbers add up quick. Does eating healthy mean you can never experience the enjoyment of chicken slathered in savory wing sauce? Heck no! Enter Complete Physique's Baked Hot Wing Chicken. This recipe is sure to satisfy your chicken wing craving and will keep your daily allowance for fat and calories in check, which means you can enjoy it guilt free.
- 1 lb. of chicken tenderloins or chicken breast
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo
- 1 tsp. sea salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- Olive oil
Clean Blue Cheese Dip
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ shallot, minced
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire
- 2/3 cup of plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. crumbled blue cheese (from the block)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Mix whole grain bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 tsp. sea salt and pepper in a shallow dish.
- In another small, shallow dish, pour in the Franks Red Hot.
- Salt chicken on both sides with ½ tsp. sea salt, then dip one piece at a time into the hot sauce coating it thoroughly, and then into the bread crumb mixture.
- Press bread crumbs onto chicken and place on the baking sheet. Spray or drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 20-30 minutes (longer for chicken breast) or until the chicken is golden brown and crispy around the edges.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve with Blue Cheese Dip
Register for the FREE trial for more amazing recipes!